Sunday, June 7, 2015

School description

This is a description I wrote for school a few months back, to give you something to read until I post the prologue of The Judicators. I was given this:

Imagine the most fantastic setting for a story that you can. Write the most realistic description of it that you can. Use all five senses.

So I wrote this:
Kneeling on the brink with his weariness forgotten, Grendar looked down in wonder at the picturesque setting below; a wide valley, filled with green, blue, and yellow. He gazed at the trees even taller than the great giants, the ones that could be settled by hundreds of his own people. Ripe for the picking. He heard the birds chirping and going about their business, the smell was of ancient fruit he couldn't describe. He already felt the grass under his hands, and imagined what it would be like in the valley. Then when his eyes set on the tower, the dark, tall tower with spikes and thorns coming out of the sides, his eyes narrowed, and he crept back to tell the others.

Yes, I know it suggests a backstory, but I don't actually have a backstory to go with it. lol. Sorry.

Nathan



No comments:

Post a Comment